Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette is a must have palette to have, especially if you are a beginner in the make up world. It contains 88 high pigmented eyeshadows where you can create a million looks from this palette, from natural, colorful, to dramatic looks! The price is very reasonable too - it is $18.95.
"$18.95 for 88 high quality eyeshadows, say whattttttt?!?! :p"
I owned this palette for over two years now, and today I am going to show you one of my favorite looks using this palette. It is a sultry smokey look, mostly using dark browns.
Let's get started!
|love it? yes? :) (please excuse for the mascara on my lid) :p|
|Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette, Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx, Covergirl Lashblast Mascara in Black,|
Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara #10, MAC Greasepaint Stick in Dirty
|Color 5: light brown with matte finish|
|Left to Right: Color 3, Color 2, Color 1, MAC Greasepaint Stick in Dirty (dark gray brown)|
|Sigma E35, Stila #15, Sigma E40|
- Prime your eyes with any eye primer! I was using Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original and apply it all over my eyes with my finger. (I forgot to include the primer in the picture - sorry!)
- Make a line on your eye lids with MAC Greasepaint Stick in Dirty, then blend it to entire eye lids up to the crease with your finger. This product was a limited edition. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Dark Brown is a good alternative.
- Take Color 1 from Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette with a flat shader brush like in Stila #15 brush, then apply it on top of the MAC Greasepaint Stick in Dirty.
- Mix Color 2 and Color 3 with Sigma E35, then apply it on your crease (put a little bit amount to your outer corner first, then blend it in a windshield motion - you're creating the crease).
- Take Color 4, and apply it just in outer corner with Sigma E35.
- Blend the Color 4 in a windshield motion with Sigma E40.
- Take Color 5, and put it slightly right on top of your crease - not right under your brow though.
- Highlight your brow bone with a white eyeshadow, or a nude shimmery eyeshadow (if you have the palette, you can simply find a highlighter color!).
- Line your lower lash line with a pencil brush in Stila #15 with the mixture of Color 3 and 4.
- Line your upper lash line and water line with Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx.
- Curl your lashes and apply a coat of Covergirl Lashblast Mascara in Black, then a coat of Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara in #10 (Black).
Now you're done with the eyes!
Move on to the face!
|Lioele Triple Solutions BB Cream, Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Medium, Benefit Hoola Bronzer,|
Palladio Rice Powder in Natural, NARS Laguna Bronzer, MAC Mineralize Blush in Pressed Amber
|Sigma F82, MAC 109, Sigma F70|
- Apply Lioele Triple Solutions BB Cream all over your face with Sigma F82.
- Use Sigma F70 to apply Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer in Medium under your eyes to hide dark circles, then blend it with your ring finger.
- Pat Palladio Rice Powder in Natural with a powder puff evenly all over your face.
- I love to mix Benefit Hoola Bronzer with NARS Laguna Bronzer because Hoola is a matte bronzer, and Laguna has a slight shimmer - so I get the best of both worlds! After your mix both bronzers with MAC 109, contour your cheeks with it. Apply it also on the side of your forehead, jaws, and entire neck.
- Use MAC 109 again, sweep MAC Mineralize Blush in Pressed Amber. This blush was a limited edition from Semi-Precious Collection. YOU STILL CAN GET IT NOW! It is a brown nude blush, but really is wearable and flattering. Get it here.
- Set your make up by spraying a make up setting spray. My favorite is Urban Decay All Nighter.
If you do not have the palette, you'd better get one! It is really worth the price. Coastal Scents has been one of my favorite cosmetic lines. They have finished make up palettes, face products, lips products, etc. Their products are high quality, but low price. Visit their website and you'll see why I love it! :)
I am not paid by Coastal Scents at all to feature their product in my blog. I just love its products and want to share it with you guys!
Are you going to get one, then try this look? :)